Zürcher Rahmgeschnetzeltes is hands down one of my favorite dishes.
I often have a craving for food from Switzerland, which is unfortunate when I realize that it’s not available in Los Angeles. (Except if I find a specialized Swiss restaurant!)
I thought maybe you would like to try a new dish and play in the kitchen cooking “Zürcher Geschnetzeltes”.
- Cut 600g of Veal in small bite size pieces.
- Clean the Champignon/ Mushrooms and cut them in small slices.
- Chop the onion in tiny little pieces (however much you like)
- Use a large size skillet or any other pan with a high rim. Heat up your skillet and wait for your butter to melt in the skillet.
- Brown your veal on all sides. (Remove the veal from your pan and keep it warm on the side)
- Use the same skillet to brown your mushrooms and then add the onions and let the onions get soft.
- Now add the white wine and reduce the heat on your skillet.
- Cover the pot and let it cook for about 5min.
- Now you can add your veal to the skillet , and turn up the heat a little, add your cream to the whole mix and add salt & pepper.
- Finish with a sprinkle of parsley for some decoration at the end.
- Let it set for 2-3 Minutes and then serve immediately.
Picture: stechl, via Badische Zeitung