Lighting a candle is the perfect way to create a warm and inviting home for guests or wind down your day and relax. Now that you have found your favorite home fragrance to give your space the perfect touch, you want to make sure you get the most out of your scented candle.
Have you ever experienced a candle that had its own personality and just burned sideways or unevenly? You’re not alone. While most high-quality candles are perfectly designed for a proper, clean burn, our user errors can leave the tops smokey and uneven.
With a few steps and proper care on your side, you can ensure a safe and long-lasting burn. Follow these tips to make the most of your candle so it burns clean and bright for hours.
- Trim your wix to 1/8” at all times.
- The first burn is your most important burn: don’t burn your candle less than 2 hours the first time you light it.
- Make sure the wax gets liquid to the rim of the glass
- Don’t burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time
- Always burn your candles away from drafts and anything flammable
- Make sure burning candles are out of reach of children and pets
- Never leave a burning candle unattended!