Could there be a better location than the Villa of Gianni Versace to host a beautiful dinner party in Miami? The answer is clearly NO!It’s simply a fabulous backdrop for any party.
I wanted to share some photos from my most recent time in Miami for Art Basel and our time spent at the mansion…plus a little fact list on the property. You will be blown away. Enjoy!
Did you know?
1. Versace bought Casa Casuarina the 1930s Villa in 1992 for $2.9 million as well as an art deco hotel next door for $4 million.
2. Two years after Versace’s death, the mansion was purchased for $19 million unfurnished.
3. The 23,000 square foot villa has 10 bedrooms and 11 bathrooms, 54 foot long pool with 24k gold.
4. Bruce Weber shot the house and the Versaces for a 1993 “Vogue” shoot
5. Casa Casuarina is the only private residence on Ocean Drive
I was fascinated by the Italian inspired charm, mosaic details and Terra-cotta colored walls. The pool was apparently made in bella Italia and then broken down and shipped to Miami to be build up again by a team of 75. The Mansion has more than 100 million Italian mosaic tiles. After spending 33 million in renovation, Gianni did what we would do….start throwing beautiful dinners and parties!